Sunday, February 7, 2016

Barefoot Blonde by Amber Fillerup Clark -

Barefoot Blonde by Amber Fillerup Clark -












2017 was a crazy year! Can you believe it is already over? I learned so much about life, family and myself this year. Here are the top five lessons I learned :


1. This year like I said was the year of me really trying to always be present with the family. I have mentioned this a lot on the blog and I have learned that this is something I will always have to work on but little by little I do get better at it.


I actually have this meditation app (the Calm app) and they do this exercise on there where they play soft music but every couple minutes will ring a bell and the bell rings for about 60 seconds from when it starts to when it completely fades and you are supposed to only focus on the sound of the bell the entire time it is making sound.



If you follow along on my insta stories you may have seen me documenting getting microneedled! I have done it twice now and REALLY love the results of it, so I wanted to share a little more on this treatment. Mostly because I had no idea what it was and had so many questions about it. I have been working with Rachel at Desert Sky Dermatology, so she is going to answer all of the questions I had about this treatment! I am also posting some photos from RIGHT after the treatment, 1 day after and 2 days after. My face is REALLY red and a few tiny dots of blood, so if you have a hard time with blood

this may not be the post for you.



A: Microneedling (aka micropen, dermapen, collagen induction therapy) uses an automated pen with disposable needle tips that create tiny micro injuries in the skin. These micro injuries trigger the body to create healthy, new, collagen-rich tissue. This is one of my go-to treatments because it produces such great results with little downtime.



A: Micropen is great for treating SO many things! It improves large pores, acne scars, melasma, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, fine lines and dull skin to name a few. It can be done alone or with platelet rich plasma (PRP) from your own blood to give even more collagen stimulation and speed up healing time.




A: Your face will be red the first day of the treatment and a little bit pink and flaky for the next 2-3 days. You will want to avoid sweating and makeup the day of and the day after the procedure.



A: I typically recommend a series of 3 treatments spread four weeks apart, although acne scars will require more sessions. In a perfect world I would have everyone do 3-4 treatments a year for maintenance.


Price will vary greatly depending on what city you are in, but it typically ranges from $250 to $300 per treatment. PRP is an additional cost to add-on.

A:



Have you ever tried microneedling before? What did you think about it? Be sure to follow Rachel to learn more about microneedling and skincare.


Original article and pictures take barefootblond.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com site

No comments:

Post a Comment