Thursday, March 24, 2016

Break Up with your Build Up

Break Up with your Build Up
buildup
Build up can make your hair brittle, dry and unmanageable. Get rid of it with this super simple DIY!

Hard water minerals, shampoos, conditioning masks, hair styling products and the environment can all cause build up to gather on your hair.


Build up can reek all sorts of havoc like making your hair dry, brittle, unmanageable, static-y, curl resistant, dull, heavy and probably other stuff I can’t think of right now. It’s bad. But luckily you can kick it to the curb and send it on it’s merry way with a very easy concoction that I used on my little sister Celeste (who has hard water and was really struggling with build up). She has been so thrilled with her hair since we did this and can’t believe that all of that dry brittle ickiness was just build up!


Recipe: (this is a tough one so brace yo-self)


1/3 Cup Baking soda (I’m convinced that between baking soda, corn starch, coconut oil and duct tape I could create anything! )

4 T Water


Directions:


Mix together until it’s a paste. Then (starting with the ends) massage into your *hair. {I did this over the sink so I didn’t make a mess)

Leave it for 10-15 minutes then wash as usual.

* For recently color treated hair always try a test piece first! Celeste has colored hair and it looked vibrant and beautiful when we were done but you never know!


I hope this works wonders for you!


Original article and pictures take www.maskcara.com site

No comments:

Post a Comment